Saturday 5 January 2019

Right Back At It!

I was back to work on Wednesday.  I worked Wednesday, Thursday & Friday, and I am pretty sure the general consensus was that it was the longest 3 day work week in history (ok, maybe a slight exaggeration).

I got a workout in on Thursday afternoon with a group of clients of mine.  A 45-minute barbell based workout with plenty of squats, lunges, presses and curls.  It was fun for all of us -- lots of talk about food, dogs and recipes between sets.  No one died as there was lots of talk before the workout that they would die since they took the time off from the gym over the holidays. Again, no fatalities!

Friday was a full day of work, plus an evening of indulgence in a little town called Lacombe, Alberta.  We started with some beers and Battle Ship competition at Blindman Brewing, and then, made our way to Cilantro & Chive.  This was our second trip to Cilantro & Chive - great food and atmosphere, plus over 100 beers to choose from and an amazing flight of Caesars (yes, a flight of Caesars).  I also realized that I need to start taking more photos (not food photos either), just more photos in general to share here.  I will always have Cooper photos to share.

Todays' workout was short & sweet -- the way I seem to enjoy them these days.
1. 50 Jumping Jacks - 20sec Rest (x3)
2. 5 Burpees with Push Ups - 20sec Rest (x3)
3. 20 Mountain Climbers - 20sec Rest (x5)
4. 30 Bicycle Crunch - 20sec Rest (x5)
As I was writing this, I was enjoying a playlist called hawksley night in canada on Spotify.  The playlist was created by Hawksley Workman, a great Canadian musician.  I have seen him perform numerous times over the years.  This playlist includes lots of Canadian musicians and one of my favorite songs from the 90s - Drinking in LA by Bran Van 3000. Enjoy the song & video!

Get ready for 100 Burpee Challenge next weekend! January 12th to be exact.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend, go Oilers & Raptors,

Breanne :)



No comments:

Post a Comment